Taxis

on Saturday, December 20, 2008

For those of you that know me well, you know of my disgust for taxis. I've lost two cell phones inside of taxis (yes, I realize that's not the taxis fault, but it still makes me hate them more). I live VERY close to the airport, so all of the taxi drivers get very angry with me because my taxi fare is so low. They wait for hours at the airport for their next passenger, and then I come along and they have a 10 minute drive to my house. I learned early that if I try to pay with a credit card that they will most likely yell at me, so I now pay with cash as to avoid as much confrontation as possible.

Anyway, the whole reason I am sharing this with you is because I had an amazing taxi experience yesterday. I was picked up from my hotel and I was driven to the airport…a ten minute drive. Not once did the driver complain that I was so close to the airport. Also, I was 100% sure that he did not complain because I could understand every word he said to me. He actually spoke English. And to top off the whole wonderful taxi experience, I was picked up in one of these cool, CLEAN British taxis. Very roomy and very unique.


4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love those taxi's. It's like the one Supernanny rides in. And isn't it nice when people actually seem (or atleast try) to enjoy their job?

Magen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Wow, I can't believe you had a positive experience with a taxi driver. Do you think you could have a happy experience with a dog too? It would be a complete transformation. :)

Magen said...

B-Ro I do believe your airport experience this morning is PRIME blogging material! If you post nothing else this week let it be that!