A timeless question...

on Friday, March 19, 2010

Today I used the restroom.

I too think that this event in and of itself is exciting enough to warrant its own blog post; however, there's a little more to this story.

As I walked into the small restaurant restroom (you know the kind - they only fit one person, two if you really like each other) and I saw that there was both a urinal and a toilet.

urinaltoilet.jpg
**For the women reading this blog, the toilet/urinal combo is not unusual.

What is unusual, however, is the internal dialog that played in my mind as I opened the door -

"Should I use the urinal? or should I go for the always reliable toilet?"

"Well...the urinal uses less water..."

"What?! "

"Did I really just consider the possible water expenditure when determining which porcelain bathroom fixture to empty by bladder into?"

"Who am I?! and why am I thinking these crazy 'environmentally conscious' thoughts?!"

(As an important point of clarification: The choice between sitting and standing never entered my mind.)

So friends - which vessel did I choose to sprinkle with my tinkle?

The TOILET.

I had to waste a little water...just to compensate for my crazy 'green' thoughts.

I think I'm going to spill a little gas next time I fill up...just for good measure.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Hahahaha!!! Your subconscious is wanting to be green and earth friendly. :) I buy coke cans to make my carbon footprint bigger.

tammy said...

Al Gore would be so disappointed in you. But I'm proud of you!

Siggy said...

Um, I just peed my pants reading this post so needless to say, I didn't waste any water...

Magen said...

"sprinkle with my tinkle"...thanks for that word choice.

Dan said...

HA HA HA!